Gamification is understood as the technique of introducing game elements and functions into the non-game world. It accompanies a person everywhere, but he may not even notice this. In everyday life, at work, during leisure, study or self-development – in any area there are elements of gamification.
To understand what it looks like and why we do not notice it, let’s consider this process as an example. Every manager wants to involve his employees in the work process to the maximum. For this, many choose such types of rewards as a bonus or an extra day off. These techniques work the first couple of times, after which the workers relax again. But if you use the game method of motivation, then you will be able to keep the attention of employees for a long time.
Game mechanics help to attract a person to action, to interest him, after which he himself will already wish to participate in the process. This is how computer games work. They first captivate the gamer, and then keep him in the game until he reaches the finish line.
Gamification: rules and fundamentals of the game
Gamification appears when game elements penetrate education, business and other areas. This method is effective, because everyone likes to play. And gamification allows to turn routine, boring processes into interesting, exciting actions.
If we consider the process of introducing the game process into the domestic, educational and work spheres, then it can be divided into internal and external. The first is used to enhance team spirit or self-confidence of individuals, as well as improve productivity and quality of service. External processes are focused on working with clients. Its main focus is marketing.
The gameplay uses special techniques and elements to involve gamers. Precisely these methods are applied in other spheres of life and activity. Let’s consider them in more detail:
- achievements – a type of badges that are given for accomplished goals. The acquisition of a new badge by a person makes him feel successful, as well as increase his status and respect in the eyes of others. These badges are collectible, which further increases motivation and interest;
- points – for each important action committed, a person receives points, which, upon reaching a certain size, can be used to solve various issues;
- levels are synonymous with progress. It can be compared to a career ladder. In this case, a person’s respect for himself increases, because he sees his success and can demonstrate it to others;
- leader charts are very motivating because everyone wants to be on the best of the best leaderboard. This is an indicator of the importance and high position in the team;
- rewards – a successful method of rewarding a person for their achievements and successes, which helps to manage the motivation, productivity and efficiency of employees, students, and so on.
To get quality gamification services, you need to contact reliable and trusted companies, which will provide detailed advice and help you determine your key personal or professional goals.
The Significance of Gamification Motivation
To captivate people with just one game with a system of introducing badges and glasses into its system, this will not be enough. In order for the game mechanism to work properly, it is necessary to supplement it with such motivational elements as:
- status – it is considered honorable to constantly improve own status in a team;
- competition – to bypass your rivals is also a strong motivation for a person;
- rewards are the most enjoyable motivational element.
To hire a 2d animator to a company developing a game for PC or mobile gadgets, it is better to contact specialized sites for the selection of specialists.