Over the last few years, the technological world has dramatically changed. Blockchain, AI, and Big data have catapulted from obscurity to a buzzword in the tech realm. Smarter devices, greater computing power, and shifting user habits have all contributed to a technological overhaul in the business world.
Along the same line, the competition has never been so neck-breaking. As a result, the failure rate of consumer apps has increased to 99.5%. But this discouraging number can be beaten with the right tech stack at hand. So let’s see what set of tech comforts is leading the race in 2022.
What is a tech stack?
The technology stack is a set of technologies that empower a digital solution, be it a website or a mobile app. The stack includes programming languages, frameworks, database management systems, compilers, and others.
The choice of a particular stack depends on the project architecture, its complexity, and functionality as well as the system requirements. The technology stack is also susceptible to frequent changes according to global tech trends.
The importance of the right technology stack is paramount since it allows companies to scale and develop solutions quickly and easily. Therefore, organizations should head towards technologies that have seamless integration and a large open-source community.
Popular software projects and their technologies
There is no universal combination of technologies. Therefore, each software solution requires a unique concoction of coding languages and frameworks to take a genesis. With that said, let’s group all technologies into project categories.
This type of development is meant to build the user interface. The latter is the app part that faces the user and allows them to interact with the solution. In this case, front-end developers are responsible for both the look and feel of your application. Besides the right color schemes, buttons, and appealing fonts, designers make sure your app mimics the user journey and addresses the unique needs of your users.
The usual suspects in this realm include:
- Angular – a front-end technology backed by Google that offers faster testing and improved scalability for high-load applications.
Unlike user-facing components, the backend refers to the inner workings of your solution. Backend technologies also support the front-end and make sure the user can interact with the product as intended. In simple terms, it’s the code that allows the database to communicate with the app.
The projects of this type refer to creating and maintaining websites and web applications. Finding the perfect technological combo is utterly important for web developers since slow-loading websites may cost up to $2.6 billion of annual losses. Besides, around 90% of customers are more inclined to make a purchase if a website seems aesthetically pleasing and easy to use.
Top web development technologies include:
- Angular – a popular web development technology with a simplified MVC architecture and two-way data binding.
- js – a full-stack web technology that works wonders for streaming data and broadcasting audio and video.
- js – a web framework that supports Node.js development and allows developers to create REST API servers.
- MongoDB – an easy-to-use schema-less database that defines complex data and integrates Big data.
A suitable combo of mobile technologies depends on the platform. Thus, your app can be premised on iOS, and Android or be hybrid and cross-platform. Hybrid app development is a go-to option when companies need to bring down costs, yet provide a native-like experience across platforms.
In this case, a developer writes the code once and repurposes it across multiple platforms. Code shareability is applicable to cross-platform products that boast similar advantages to hybrid apps.
A common tech set for mobile development includes:
- Kotlin – an Android-friendly programming language that syncs with Java and has concise code.
- Swift – an iOS-targeted coding language with easy maintenance and shortcode structure.
- Objective-C – a stable technology used for iOS app development.
- Ionic – a popular framework for hybrid app development that effortlessly integrates with native functionality.
Since Big data has reached over 2.5 quintillion bytes per day, database development is key to managing critical data. Besides stand-alone databases, all applications have a database at their core. Therefore, this type of development is at an all-time high.
Industry-standard tools for database management and creation include:
- Microsoft SQL Server – a relational database management system that offers enhanced security and excellent data restoration techniques.
- PostgreSQL – an open-source RDBMS that yields a rich feature set and prevents vendor lock-in.
- MySQL – creates a database for data storing and manipulating with high performance and open-source flexibility.
- Oracle – is an all-in-one cloud database solution that provides a secure hybrid cloud environment.
Artificial intelligence solutions
Last but not least, AI-based applications constitute a huge layer of digital solutions. According to PwC, around 52% of companies accelerated their AI adoption plans due to the pandemic. Moreover, 86% say that AI is becoming a “mainstream technology” at their company in 2021. It means that automation is a staple at most companies with AI products promoting it.
Here’s what you need to build an AI-based application:
- Python – a go-to programming language for AI that provides AI packages such as Numpy and scikit-learn.
- Keras – a deep learning API with a Python interface for artificial neural networks.
- TensorFlow – an open-source framework for deep learning and machine learning.
Choosing the best tech stack
Deciding on the right set of technologies is never easy. We recommend doing competitor and market research first. These insights will help you identify the trending technologies at the moment. Professional expertise is equally important to assess the viability of each platform, framework, or programming language.
For a competent selection of technologies, the team must also be aware of all the features and limitations of each technology. Therefore, you should prioritize technology with which you have a high level of confidence. You should not select a new technology just for the purpose of having new technology.