Still thinking about whether you need Drupal 10 upgrade?
This upgrade is critical to the security and relevance of the website using the latest features of this CMS.
Moreover, such migration is inevitable, as all previous editions of this content management system become obsolete in November 2023.
After reading our article, you will learn how such a migration is performed and which developer to choose for this task.
Upgrading from Drupal 9 to Drupal 10 Checklist
- The first thing you should do is check if your hosting environment and website are compatible with Drupal 10. For this purpose, you can use the Upgrade Status module, which will check whether the platform is ready to migrate to the current version of this CMS.
- Before upgrading, you need to back up your site. It will be useful if something goes wrong during the migration.
- If you have not done so before, the next step is to upgrade the Web resource kernel to the latest and most secure version of Drupal 9. You can use Composer Package Manager to do this.
- After you have upgraded the kernel, you must then prepare your website for migration. The process involves removing any legacy code, upgrading modules to their latest compatible versions, and preparing your code for the Drupal 10 environment.
- Once you have completed the preparations, you can start the migration to Drupal 10. Here the Composer package manager is used to download the latest version of the Drupal 10 kernel.
- You should then run the update.php script to boost the database to the Drupal 10 scheme.
- After the migration is complete, you should thoroughly test your resource to make sure everything works properly. You will also need to upgrade any custom modules or themes to ensure compatibility and efficiency.
If you are not sure you can do Drupal 10 upgrade yourself, we recommend contacting Drupfan – an experienced development agency that has long worked in this field and specializes in such works.
They know all the nuances of website migration and will perform it so that your resource becomes even more secure, convenient to work and attractive to potential customers.