We are all aware that website content should please both search engines and visitors. Creating content appealing to the audience is an easier part of the task while creating SEO-friendly material is quite challenging. Even so, it is not unachievable but certainly requires some time and effort. However, every quality content by itself improves the chances of a higher ranking. In order to accomplish the goal of creating SEO-friendly content wordpress SEO agency has made a list of five most useful tips. Consider the below suggestions when writing content with SEO in mind.
Gone are the days when publishing a large quantity of low-quality content was sufficient to expect an increase in search engine ranking. Today’s algorithm considers content as the primary ranking factor and demands high standards. Quality content considers in-depth covering a certain topic that has significant value to readers and is well written. These are five factors with the heaviest weight on content ranking:
- Quality: well-written and valuable content. Quality content’s primary characteristic is that it covers certain topics utterly and provides direct answers to search queries and is a good source for researchers. Regarding quality, content should also be skillfully written and readable.
- Research: donate to the authority. Research refers to finding which topic matters currently, and providing accurate answers concerning the chosen subject. You can use tools to find a broad range of various related subjects, audience interests, popular titles, and questions people presently search for, and use this information in creating contemporary content.
- Keywords: appropriately incorporating search words. Finding the right keywords means determining keywords and phrases so the search engine can better understand your content. Implementing the exceed number of keywords might lead to disorganized and confusing content. We suggest choosing one primary keyword and then digging deeper. This way, additional keywords won`t affect content focus but support the principal keyword.
- Freshness: content is up-to-date and timely relevance. The freshness of the content refers that the content topic is popular, currently interesting to your target audience, and actual in your business niche.
- Multimedia: content imparts graphic elements such as videos, audio, and images. Visual content helps in conveying the message and catching users’ attention. Additional benefits of graphics are that Google ranks them in the image and video section, by that way your content expands its opportunities to be higher ranked. Provide alt tags as a text alternative to displayed images. Alt tags will donate in Google Image Search and provide the context on how images relate to your content.
Create an optimized meta description and catchy H1 tag
Consider creating two headlines one that will be displayed in the page H1 tag, and another one that will appear in the search result snippet. Both headlines can be different or similar, but the important thing is that they both consider your target keywords.
The meta description represents the content to the audience and provides primary information about the content. Upon meta description, users decide whether your content is relevant to their query and whether will they enter your page.
The H1 tag is a title on the webpage. HTML tag H1 refers to the first noticeable header on a page. Besides H1, HTML can have five more different title tags, and H1 is considered the most important while H6 stands for least significant. In order to make H1 SEO productive, think about making H1 slightly different than the page title, implement your keywords, avoid making it long and style it more diverse than other H tags and page titles. An additional tip in creating H1 is to use the words “why”, “how” or “what”, and use numbers in sentences such as “top 5” or “10 best”.
Implement interlinks and outbound links
Internal links direct from one page to another inside your website. They allow Google and users to follow a link from a known page to others. Interlinks allow Google to discover contextual relevant material that emerged on your site. Additional benefits of interlinks are that they deliver authority between pages, therefore boosting ranking. For site visitors, internal links are useful as they help them navigate and find related information on your site.
Outbound links can help your authority grow if you opt for high-quality and trusted websites. When looking for backlinks, search for those closely related to your topic and sites that are eminent and credible. Quality backlinks promote traffic and ranking, while low-quality links are considered spammy and reduce the capabilities of ranking.
Make URL readable
It is important to create a URL with qualities to describe and convey page content. For creating quality URLs write them simple, short, and clear, implement punctuations, use hyphens instead of underscores between words (-) instead of (_), and use lowercase letters instead of capitals or mixing.
Update old Content
Updating old posts with more authoritative links, and better information is a way to bring freshness into old posts. Exame which content Google used to rank higher, what was the content value, and why Google prioritized certain content. You can take old content that has potential and optimize it with best SEO practices, CTA`s, add length, depth and update.
Creating content that will drive organic traffic considers understanding search engine ranking factors and search intent and then creating quality content that will attract users and accommodate Google`s algorithm. After creating valuable content that meets these conditions, along with SEO techniques and on-page utilization, you are setting the conditions to be higher ranked, expand your audience, and boost traffic.