Car accidents are often caused due to our negligence or careless actions. In most cases, the victim is eligible for compensation. Professional Law firms like The Clark Law Office helps clients to get a fair settlement. Evidence plays a crucial role in car accident cases in determining the responsible party’s liability. Due to this reason, preservation of evidence after a car accident becomes very important. In this post, we will discuss the reasons that will help you understand why preserving evidence after a car accident is essential. Besides, we will also discuss different types of evidence that can turn the judgment in your favor.
Importance Of Preservation
Car accident victims must do everything in their power to preserve evidence after getting involved in an automobile crash. If you have been the victim of a minor accident even, then you should consider keeping the evidence. Here’s why:
- Your insurance company will eventually be involved in the case if you have been injured or property has been damaged due to a car accident. In that case, you have to show all the evidence to the insurance inspector to meet the company’s obligation. If you fail to do so, then you will never get the claim that you deserve.
- Many accidents also involve law enforcement. In some cases, the responsible party might even face criminal charges. In that case, the preservation of evidence will be your best defense. Here it is essential to know that preservation of the evidence is only half the job. Besides, you also need to hire car accident law firms like The Clark Law Office to fight your case. Professional car accident lawyers will fight on your behalf in the courtroom and show all the evidence to the judge in the right manner. It will increase the chance of winning the case.
- Major car crashes often cause critical injuries and significant property damages. Due to this reason, there can be a greater possibility of litigation. In that case, you have to visit the court to press your charges and claim. You might also have to defend yourself from another party who has been involved in the accident. In both cases, you will need a professional accident lawyer and worthy evidence. The Clark Law Office is renowned for fighting accident and personal injury cases. You can hire them to fight your case.
Evidence That Matters
We hope that now you have understood the importance of preserving evidence. Here comes the question, what should you consider keeping? Well, in the below section, you will come to know that.
- Photos of the accident scene are considered the most critical evidence because they can disclose information about the accidents, including the vehicles involved, road conditions, surroundings, etc. Accident scene photos can also help you to demonstrate how the accident occurred. If possible, then consider taking some pictures of the accident spot from your smartphone. If you are not in a condition of taking photos, ask someone to do that on your behalf.
- A wrecked car can reveal several clues, including the direction it was hit. An experienced lawyer can also calculate the approximate speed of the oncoming vehicle from the debris. On the other hand, brake lines and shredded tires point towards the manufacturer’s fault. Consider preserving all the wreckage in your car until your lawyer thoroughly inspects and assesses them.
- Medical records help attorneys to calculate the physical loss of the victim. Due to this reason, you have to preserve your medical bills. In addition to that, you also need to maintain your income records. Your income records and medical bills will help your lawyer to determine a fair settlement for you.
- The official police report is also considered significant evidence of the accident. After an accident, collecting the police report can be a difficult job for you.Depending on the state you live in, the law may require motorists to immediately file a crash report depending on the severity of the accident. Missouri crash reports are used by law enforcement to record the details relating to an accident involving any vehicle. Your lawyer will also help you with some other legworks.
Types Of Compensation
If you have been the victim of a car accident, you can expect various compensation like the full coverage of medical bills, enjoyment damages, suffering damages, etc.
Most of the accidents involve law enforcement, insurers, and lawyers. Consider collecting and preserving all the valuable evidence that might help you get the best outcome. Car accident victims are also recommended to hire a professional attorney from a reputed law firm like The Clark Law Office. It will help you to get a fair settlement.