Aspirants who are going to appear for the SBI Clerk can check the preparation tips provided on this page for clearing the Preliminary and Mains. Preparing for the bank recruitment exams could be a very extensive process as a lot of effort is needed to get through the exam. Now that every year the competition is getting tougher as the number of candidates joining the competition is increasing, aspirants need to leave no stone unturned while preparing for the exam.
SBI Clerk is one of the most popular categories amongst students preparing for the bank examination. They are responsible for interacting with the clients and client-related operations. SBI Clerk salary starts at Rs 11,765 and can go up to Rs. 23600 (allowances may vary based on place of posting). Here, we have covered the beginner’s guide to crack the exam which includes exam patterns, crucial tips, etc.
Important Tips and Tricks for SBI Clerk Exam Preparation
Candidates can check the strategies as provided below on how to prepare for different topics in the SBI Clerk exam:
- Check the complete syllabus – Before starting preparing for the exam, make sure you are well aware of the topics you need to study. You can find the SBI Clerk syllabus online and based on the topics as provided on the syllabus you can identify the topic which you can start with.
- Make a suitable study plan for yourself – The syllabus for SBI Clerk is very vast to cover, hence, candidates should have a creative time table/study plan for themselves which they should follow diligently. While making a study plan ensure that each topic gets equal attention. You can start by giving more time on topics that are tough and then slowly progress to study the easy topics.
- Get your concepts crystal clear – When starting with any subject, it is important that your basic concepts about the subject are clear. This will help you understand the questions and their solution. Furthermore, if your concepts are clear, it becomes really easy to solve the question itself. If preparing for bank exams, make sure your concepts are crystal clear and then only proceed with solving the questions.
- Manage your time wisely– It is to be noted that students might get an hour or two to complete the test, hence, they must utilize their time effectively when solving the questions. It is best advised that once you have completed the syllabus, solve previous year papers by setting the same time limit as it is in the exam. This will help you to understand the exam environment and how to attend the maximum number of questions.
- Do not neglect negative marking schemes – One mistake which many candidates do during the exam is that they mark the answers for the questions they are not even sure about. This is a completely wrong strategy. Marking incorrect answers will decrease your score, hence, it is best to mark the answers only if you are completely sure about it. Remember, it is better to leave a question unanswered than marking the wrong answer.
- Mock test and revision are a must – After covering the syllabus, always practice for the exam by solving mock tests. This will help you analyze your preparation level. It is important that after completing a mock test, the aspirant must analyze their performance in it. See which answers were marked incorrectly mostly from which topic, etc, and ensure not to repeat the same mistake again in the next mock test. Revision is something that many aspirants neglect after completing the course. Revising things and maintaining the habit of reading a newspaper or magazine regularly will not only help you in the written examination but also in the personal interview.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for Preliminary Phase
Given below are a few general tips and trick for preparing for Stage – I i.e Preliminary phase:
- Understand the exam pattern and read the syllabus completely to analyze the topics from which you need to start off first.
- Practice number of previous year papers and mock tests.
- Focus on your weaker areas but do not forget to brush up on topics in which you are good.
- Read newspapers daily or check current affairs to make sure you are up to dates with what’s happening in the country.
- Speed is very important as the candidate has a time constraint but accuracy is equally important too.
- Note down important formulas, current affairs, difficult terms, etc as this will help you at the time of revision.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for Mains Phase
SBI Clerk Main paper consists of topics like General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude. Students can check the important tips & tricks as mentioned below while preparing for Mains.
- The English Language part of the Mains exam generally covers all test areas the same as to Prelims. The only difference is that questions on Grammar are a bit twisted which include questions like multiple errors, grammatically incorrect sentences, multiple phrase replacement.
- In the General/ Financial Awareness part, the questions which are asked from areas pertaining to the Banking industry, the Indian Economy, and Current Affairs. Hence, students must be well versed in the current affairs of the country.
Chetan Sharma is a blogger and digital marketer by profession. He handles a network of multiple websites like teacher text & various others. He helps clients all over the world to achieve digital success.