Australia, the USA and New Zealand are among the top countries that most migrants focus on for permanent immigration. But immigration formalities are always time-consuming and a very long process that involves security and background checks, meetings with immigration lawyers and an agent of the country’s immigration department like an Australian migration agent.
Migrating to a country like Australia is a very big step to consider but fortunately, there was never a better time than now. It’ll be worth knowing that the country is home to at least 7.6 million migrants as per the data published in the year 2020. But like all government procedures, there are always a few legal formalities to consider before applying for immigration and other procedures that are to be processed through.
- Research All The Employment Options Available In The Country: Australia is always on the lookout for skilled labour to boost their economy and so it is best to first find an employment opportunity so that the whole visa process will be easier to process. Many immigrant workers apply for a skilled visa so that they can live and work in the country with Melbourne and Victoria being the most popular cities.
- Always Consult An Expert: An Australian migration agent will always have the proper knowledge and expertise when it comes to migration, its policies as well as the laws. These agents can provide the correct guidance when it comes to skilled labour and granting of such visas to migrants.
- Visa Nominations: With every province having their regulations regarding migration, it is the state nomination that guarantees security. Skilled visas or business visas are the two most popular visas that can help a worker seek the nomination.
- Applying For A Visa: Once a job opportunity has opened up, the next thing to figure out is the state or the city where the migrant worker will be staying.
An agent or a lawyer can help out with the relocation processes but it’ll take some time after the whole process is complete. Many government bodies offer support to such skilled workers so that they can properly settle in the respective cities after visa grants and relocation procedures. Here is a checklist of all the important items required for visa grants:
- A valid passport of the skilled worker and their partners if they decide to accompany them.
- A visa stamp and a copy of the original visa documents that have been verified or attested by authorised personnel.
- All valid permits for work, qualifications, place of residence and visiting regulations.
- Letters and verified documents that state the purpose or the reason for the visit. Work visas require authentication from the company that nominated the worker for a skilled visa.
- A medical proof from a valid medical organisation signed by a licensed doctor shows whether the individual is in good health.
Other Formalities To Consider:
- A seal given by the immigration clearance department is extremely important. Without it, no individual can enter the country.
- Various formalities and clearance procedures can involve biometric verification such as retina scans and fingerprint authentication.
- An interview will be conducted for every immigrant worker by the officials and they can grant or reject the visa permit. All officials act on the behalf of the Australian government for security reasons and if they are not convinced enough about the reason for the visit, they have the authority to reject the visit and the permit.
- A medical certificate for treatment and appointment letters for employment will be asked by the officials and must be duly produced for verification.
Author Bio: Hannah Gilbert is a freelance writer who offers to ghostwrite, copywriting, and blogging services. She works closely with B2C and B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention and increases their search engine visibility.