Salesforce testing is an essential part of any software development. The Salesforce testing team plays a vital role in the development process, making it easier for developers to integrate quality assurance into their everyday operations and deliver higher-quality products faster. In this article, let us grow through some key practices that you need to follow while performing salesforce testing.
Firstly, let us understand the types of salesforce testing.
Types of Salesforce Testing:
Manual and automated tests are the two types of Salesforce testing.
- Manual tests- This type of test technique entails employing old methods to test the Salesforce software. System, integration, functional, and regression testing can all be done with these methodologies.
- Automated tests- This type of testing entails using a computer program to test Salesforce.com/Force.com apps or functionalities. Selenium, QuickTest Professional (QTP), and other salesforce testing tool are used for this.
Salesforce Testing Best Practices to follow in 2021:
- Early in the SDLC, begin the testing procedure: The QA team should be included in the testing project from the start. This will help the testers anticipate the most important software requirements. One of the most important benefits of having the test team start early in the SDLC is that the possibility of having a test time limit is lowered. This enables testers to expand their test coverage and the number of tests they run.
- Appropriate Test Tools: To complete the full testing procedure, you can use a variety of Salesforce testing tools. A Salesforce test management tool is important for your test method and makes managing your crucial project simple. Both Android and Apple give simulators to test on when performing Salesforce functional testing, and Selenium is a great tool for Salesforce automated testing.
- Managing the tests: Different tests and scenarios must be used to guarantee that the produced app or feature is in sync with current manual or systemic operations. As a result, it is necessary to compare the results to the reference data that determines the quality of the final output. The tests should be based on this information, and the results should be consistent.
- Agile Method: Using an agile approach, testers can test a large number of Salesforce features and match them to the functions of the users. Agile approaches advocate for an iterative design process, and the product is designed in small incremental builds in Agile. After each sprint, testers work in parallel to re-evaluate the project’s direction and make necessary adjustments. The company can also add their comments at the conclusion of the sprint to ensure that they get the product they want.
- Collaborate with a Salesforce Testing partner who knows what they’re doing: Onboarding an experienced Salesforce testing partner with outstanding competence is a key and logical step for long-term benefits and flawless implementation. Choosing the proper testing partner can help you get more value out of your Salesforce software and apps.
Final Words: All Salesforce CRM consulting services promote Salesforce automation testing over manual testing. It provides every organization with a time-saving, high-quality choice while also providing the best value for their goods. Because Salesforce personalities contribute significantly to an organization’s success, implementing the best automation methods will aid in reaching desired standards and enhancing the business system in various ways.