Americans are very devoted to their cars. With a long history of tradition and a cult of car that divides the country’s highways into car people and truck people. In fact, America’s car is a truck – pickups are sold in staggering numbers every year. This affection for pickups can be explained by the fact that a powerful car matches the inner confidence of Americans in their strength and masculinity. But not only the psychological aspect plays a role, pickup trucks meet a broad range of tastes, practical needs and budgets. Remaining long-lasting and strong, they have evolved over the past 10 years to accommodate everyday driving. Also pickups are very safe with the fewest fatal crashes compared to sedans and SUVs.
There are top 10 best selling trucks by ezlogz.com:
- RAM 2500 is very popular in the US due to its strength. Starting almost $33900 is the most expensive pickup to make the list. However, it is rated 5 stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In terms of sale, it’s got 13 out of every 10000 vehicles sold. It’s also very talented when off-roading
- Chevrolet Colorado is the ninth most popular pickup in the USA. It’s price is affordable and dependable. It’s one of the less-powerful trucks in the list. Colorado appeals to those who like midsize pickups.
- Nissan Frontier. Coming to a number 8 in the list, Nissan Frontier earned a 4 –star NHTSA safety rating. You won’t find a cheaper truck on this list. Its cost starts with $20400! With its 6,720 lbs max towing capacity and 261 max horsepower, this midsize truck delivers the essentials, but nothing more. And as for the design, it’s the least glamorous pick up in the list. In spite of this, it remains a favorite among pickup lovers due to its affordability and safety.
- Toyota Tundra is a full-size light-duty truck that has been in production for almost 15 years without the complete redesign. Additionally, the Tundra’s towing capacity (10000 lbs for the baseline 5,7L V8 engine) and fuel economy are among the lowest in its class. Nevertheless, it’s quite popular among those who prefer smooth ride quality, consistent performance and high resale value. It’s also great for the beaten path, with two trims designed specifically for offroading.
- Toyota Tacoma is the most popular midsize truck in America. Tacoma represents 45 out of every 10000 vehicles sold due to its 4-star safety rating and affordable price. The smaller brother to the full-size Tundra, it offers 159 horsepower with the entry-level engine. If you don’t need a lot of muscle, it’s a great variant with a good fuel economy.
- GMC Sierra is very popular and it’s easy to see why. It’s well-known for its build quality and performance. It’s quite powerful with the 4.3L V6 engine and 285 horsepower. Sierra’s towing capacity is about 7900 lbs.
- Ford Ranger is one of the newest trucks on the market and already holds number 4 among the most popular pickups in the country. It has a limited array of customization and no-frills base trim, but it still remains appealing to those who value safety and quality.
- RAM 1500 is a light-duty full-size pickup which is classical for Americans. is very popular in the US due to its strength. This light-duty truck is awarded 5 out of 5 stars by the NHTSA for its safety. Maximum towing capacity measures 12 750 lbs. and it can handle a payload of up to 2,300 lbs. In terms of sale, it’s got 13 out of every 10000 vehicles sold.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a light-duty full-size pickup truck which offers plenty of variety. It’s nearly three times as popular as its more luxurious counterpart the GMC Sierra. Silverado is the ultimate combination of power, performance and affordability. Its max payload rating is 2,250 lbs and the max tow rating is 12,200 lbs.
- Ford F-series (legendary F-150) is America’s indisputed best-selling car for over 4 decades. Powerful, universal and consummately customizable, it not only boasts an impeccable 5-star NHTSA safety rating, but also has a starting price less than $29000.
Since Americans are adhered to traditions, this list may remain practically unchanged for years.