Your ID renewal is required once every ten years. However, if you’re an international traveler, you need to do it more often. An array of factors might lead to an early ID renewal, including having a second passport or having no space left from stamps and visas in your current passport. Look through your travel docs before you head off on a big trip.
What Is a DS-82 Form?
Just realized you need a new ID? It’s time to learn more about the DS-82 Passport Renewal Form. So, what is a DS-82 form? It’s a document you need to deal with when the necessity to renew your ID arises. In case you don’t have a travel document and need to apply for it, Form DS-11 is what you should focus on.
With regard to the US Passport Renewal Form DS-82, the process of its completion is pretty forthright. The form features six pages, four of which are specific requirements, while the rest two should be filled out either manually or digitally. Along with the file, you also need to attach a passport-sized picture taken within the last several months, as well as pay a certain fee for the procedure.
If the following is about you, feel free to mail the DS-82 fillable form 2022 for ID renewal:
- you have your current US passport on hand;
- you were at least sixteen when you were given your US ID;
- you were given your current US ID less than fifteen years ago;
- the doc you want to ‘refresh’ is in acceptable ‘shape’ (neither damaged nor stolen).
How to Fill Out DS-82 Passport Form?
Before you switch to the must-complete section, delve into the theory the template comes with. Study the first several pages thoroughly, then feel free to use this quick guide on how to fill out the DS-82 Passport Form.
- Find the template and print it out.
- As an alternative, you can fill it out digitally.
- Fill it out by indicating standard details including your name and contact details, date and place of birth, SSN, previous ID number and expiration date, and the like.
- Don’t forget to add your signature and date.
- When you’re through, send the files to the address indicated in the theoretical section of the form.
Be as accurate as you can when sorting out your Form DS-82. Make sure you follow all the requirements from the first form pages. In case you’re not 100% sure of certain details, reach out for professional help. In case of errors, your passport renewal procedure will take longer than you might have expected, which will most likely mess up your travel aspirations.
How Long Does It Take to Process the Renewal Application?
Usually, it takes up to two months to process your application. This time frame is not the same for everyone. In your particular case, it might take less time or more, depending on the circumstances.
If you need to speed up the process, you should go to a regional US passport agency or apply for expedited passport service through a reliable expeditor. In this case, you get to receive a US passport in two weeks or less. Just throw some money on the problem, and you’ll see the investment is worth it.
Based on article by pdfliner.com