College is going to be one hell of a roller coaster. You may not see it at this point in time, but college is going to be an experience that you will cherish for years to come.
You will make mistakes and you will learn from them. But it is always good to know some tips that will maximize the whole college experience.
These tips are words of wisdom from people who are finished with college, and who would like to pass on their knowledge to people who will benefit from it.
1. Go to class. As motivated as you may be right now, you may notice a steady decline in it as time goes on. However, whatever you do, go to class. There are so many things you may miss out on that no one will tell you. You will also save so much time catching up if you go to class on its scheduled time. (Seriously, the catching up part will come bite you if you are not careful enough.)
2. Participate in the extracurricular. Don’t be all work and no play. Social groups and clubs around campus will help you with a lot of things, such as meeting new people who share the same interests as you. Yes, you are here to get your degree but don’t miss out on the other things that college has to offer! Participating in clubs will help you with making connections that you may find useful after you graduate.
3. Back your files up. Don’t be lazy about this, because you don’t want to end up having these regrets. You can use online cloud storage such as Dropbox or Google Drive, which will literally take seconds. You never know when your computer may crash and you lose that 10 page, single spaced assignment.
4. Be resourceful and try to find free essay writer. When desperate times call for desperate measures, you will need to contact these people.
5. Be smart with your finances. Keep track of where you are spending your money.
6. If you are living in a college dorm, don’t be lazy about taking your clothes out from the machine when it’s done. You will notice people are not considerate at all when it comes to laundry. Keep a timer on your phone if you forget when you’re supposed to take your clothes out.
7. Don’t drink too much coffee. That extra shot of espresso won’t do you much after a while if you are downing coffee every two hours. One cup of coffee in a day is okay.
8. If you are living with a roommate, set boundaries with them and be transparent. You don’t want to end up hating each other after a couple of weeks.
9. Be on your professors’ good side. Get to know them if you have to, you will be surprised how much that will help you out.
10. Don’t live on take out. Try to cook every now and then; it will be good for your budget and your body.