The past 10 years have shown that e-commerce has become the fastest-growing retail segment. This is not surprising for people who shop online. But if we take the dynamics and speed of development in general, then the indicators are simply amazing. There are many online stores around the world, and it is estimated that about 20,000 new online stores are opening weekly!
In this article, you will learn about 3 main steps in eCommerce website development that you need to know and which will help you in understanding the process and avoiding some mistakes.
1) Choosing web design tools
Once you’ve finished your business plan and decided on what product you want to sell, you are enthusiastic and ready to focus on your new online business. But first, before you start selling your products, you need to choose the tools that you will use to design and code your website.
There are several ways: you can write everything by hand if you have certain skills. To reduce training time, you can buy specialized software such as Adobe Dreamweaver or Microsoft Expression Web, or hire ecommerce developer.
There are many eCommerce platforms such as Launch Cart to help you build your eCommerce store where you provide your products and where your customers can transact. The most popular of which include Hybris, WooCommerce, Magento or Shopify.
2) Choosing a payment solution
A common problem that most newbies face when opening an online store is problems with online payments. When choosing an e-commerce platform, you should pay attention to the fact that it supports traditional payment methods (cash on delivery, as well as payments by credit and debit cards, as well as Internet banking).
If your internet business involves international delivery or Wi-Fi customer market from different countries, it is very important to include as many payment methods as possible. This will make it much easier for your overseas customers to pay for goods.
3) Choose the Right Ecommerce Website Hosting Platform
Choosing a server and hosting for your e-commerce business needs to be very careful because it can both destroy your business and raise it in the first place. At this point, it is absolutely impossible to save money; it is better to pay more, but have better hosting. Rely on these parameters when choosing eCommerce hosting:
- Choose a server that will give a good speed to your website. Good speed is a vital indicator, as customers will not wait for the page to load, and search engines give slow sites in the last lines of the rankings.
- Another important attribute of e-commerce is the availability of your website at any time, as well as anywhere, other than the convenience of shopping. Uptime and maximizing your uptime are vital aspects of e-commerce.
- Please note that the server you choose should not only adapt easily to the needs of your business, but also scale easily. This helps to increase the number of customers, as well as optimize costs.
- Since your e-commerce site will accept payments on the Internet, then you simply have to check such an item for security. The server you choose must be PCI-DSS compliant. In addition, ensure data security by choosing especially secure servers.
We’ve listed just the top of the important steps when building an eCommerce website. If you are interested in this topic, or you are interested in magento 2 migration services, read our other articles.