Influencers are causing more and more interest in the world of Marketing for their ability to influence public decisions. As a result, they have become part of many companies’ marketing strategies that have found a way to make their campaigns profitable. In this post, I will talk about influencer marketing, its advantages and how to create a movement correctly.
What is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer Marketing is about promoting your product or service through an influencer.
Influencers have very loyal follower communities. Therefore, they have a high power of influence in the purchase decision of users. Therefore, it is worth having many followers, but they must be loyal to that person. Hence, campaigns with micro-influencers begin to be more effective.
The preferred social network to work with is Instagram, as you can see in the following graph. However, let’s not forget that this social network is very visual and allows brands to show their products accompanied by a lifestyle.
What types of influencers are there?
- Micro-Influencers (10K – 100K followers). They are very targeted at specific market niches.
- They tend to have high engagement and loyalty from their followers.
- Mid-tier Influencers (100K – 500K).
- Mega Influencers (500K – 1M). They have a relatively high cost, but they reach a significant number of people.
- Tops (+ 1M). Some celebrities would be located here. They are useful in campaigns that seek to improve brand awareness.
We must also mention the Cyber influencers or Virtual Influencers. Lil Miquela is the most famous virtual influencer and is valued at 125 million dollars. She is a singer, rubs shoulders with celebrities like the ubiquitous Rosalía, and has more than two million followers on Instagram. Prada, Diesel and Adidas have trusted her.
Benefits of Influencer Marketing
- It allows you to reach a large audience in a less invasive way than advertising.
- Improve your brand image. If you choose the correct influencer, this will improve the appearance of your brand because it will be associated with it.
- Various studies verify that users’ purchase intention is higher when an influencer promotes the product. People are much more likely to be influenced by those they look up to.
How to find an influencer
This is one of the most important steps. The choice of the influencer is essential to carry out a successful campaign.
When you decide to find the influencer you want to work with, you should keep the following in mind:
- The followers of that influencer should be as close to your target audience as possible. In this way, you will get better results.
- It will help if you are looking for influencers that adapt to your company values. Think that many users will associate your brand with that influencer. If you make a mistake, you can damage your brand image.
- You must also consider where your target audience is to correctly choose the social network in which you will create the campaign, and therefore, you will look for an influencer in that social network.
There are many platforms where you can search for influencers like buzzguru.com. BuzzGuru Analytics is a tool that lets you search and discover Influencers and their target audience as well as advertised products and performance results. These types of companies provide you with a lot of information about them, and in this way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs.