According to a study by social media researchers, Facebook videos are shared 157% more than YouTube videos. Make your Facebook ads more attractive in order to get more engagements.
This is also a excellent opportunity to increase the participation of your followers.
If you want to increase your engagement on Facebook, we shared 11 ideas to achieve it using videos:
1. Post less, and run ads when your fans are online
Few Facebook pages have good interaction by posting a lot. However, when you appear too many times in the user feed, they can get fed up with your communication and ignore it.
The study revealed that only some pages with more than 10 thousand followers that publish more than 61 times a month manage to have a good interaction per post. For the rest, it is advisable to publish between 2 or 3 times a week to keep your content fresh and your interested audience.
On the other hand, it is essential to identify the days and times when your audience is active on Facebook. You can see this by going to the statistics section > publications of the page.
Here, for example, you can see that on Saturdays at 8 p.m., there is more user activity on this fan page.
2. Experiment with a square format ads and add captions
Square videos receive more views, engagement, and a higher completion rate than panoramic videos, especially mobile devices, because usability and viewing are much more comfortable.
Also, in a study of more than 500 Facebook pages and 12,000 videos, Tina Ahmed (a member of an agency dedicated to monitoring social media metrics) found that 93% of video views are made without sound, so it is It is important to add subtitles to get your message across even if the user deactivates the sound.
3. Reassign existing content
Sometimes those who have a fan page believe that they need to constantly produce videos to satisfy the demand of their followers in each publication. However, there is a very simple solution: use existing content to reassign some video that you already have in your collection. This widens the reach of your old content and optimizes your time while organizing the production of totally new material.
Here are some ways you can take advantage of the content you already have:
- Upload a YouTube video again (remember to validate the timing).
- Record your podcasts in video format.
- Read your blog posts, record them in audio format and create a video with images related to the topic.
- Upload talks or interviews carried out with the members of your work team, with your clients or with relevant people in your industry.
As you can see in this example, in Ellen DeGeneres’ account, there is a video that several years ago had 44,149 views on her YouTube channel, but on Facebook, it had 721,290 views.
4. Embed ads videos on your website or in your blog articles
By including the link of some of your Facebook videos in your blog articles, you are expanding the reach of your content by converting new visitors to your website into followers.
5. Get creative with your Calls To Action
Pop-up comments are often distracting for the viewer, but the advantage of Facebook is that, unlike YouTube, you can create a call to action ( Call To Action ) that benefits you at the end of the video. These are the options you can use:
- No button
- Buy button
- Make an appointment
- Learn more
- see more
It is important that before creating the call to action, you define what the objective of your video will be, especially if what you want is to direct traffic to your website, YouTube channel, eCommerce or even to another video.
6. Determine the duration of your video with Video Analytics
Knowing the exact moment when your followers stop watching your videos is the best indicator of retention, so you can identify the ideal duration to create your next videos and know the content that interests them the most.
Consider that experts recommend that each video be 30-60 seconds long, long enough to highlight important points. You must test and analyze the reaction of your fans to determine the appropriate time and content for your brand.
7. Create digestible content
When people think of creating a commercial video, they generally envision someone sharing knowledge on a specific topic in front of the camera. Although there is nothing wrong with this tactic, it requires improving the content and digesting it to keep the viewer captive throughout the video.
The digestible content must have a specific objective with a clear and concise message; The images should be clean and allusive to the subject. Finally, if possible, it should evoke an emotional response or invite the user to take the following action.
This company that specializes in bread ovens, for example, shares simple, fun, and trending topics such as myths around gluten or the most famous bakeries around the world, among other topics.
8. Make Facebook live and run ads
So far, we have only talked about previously produced videos, but remember that you can stream video in real-time. To create a live stream on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Select Publishing tools on your Facebook page.
- Under Videos, click Video Library.
- Click + Live to start setting up live video posting.
- Then click Connect to connect your encryption software with Facebook.
- Go to “Post” and select where you want to post the live broadcast. You can post it to your bio, a group, an event, or a page that you manage.
- You can perform various actions within the editor.
This will allow you to broadcast completely live, which will increase the interaction of your followers in real-time.
The Social Media Examiner found that their “non-live” content received more exposure when they live-streamed more frequently. Its founder and CEO, Michael Stelzner, believes that when you go live on Facebook, your fans are exposed to your brand even if they did not see the broadcast at the time and that can subtly encourage them to visit the Social Media Examiner Facebook page.
To help you get started with Facebook Live videos, here are some ideas you can try:
- Share behind the scenes of an event, your work processes or your office.
- Organize a question and answer session.
- Interview with industry experts.
- Explain or demonstrate how to do something.
- Discuss the latest news from your industry.
- Share weekly tips.
9. Pin video in Facebook Page
To increase traffic on your Facebook page, you can upload a video whose engagement on your website or your YouTube channel has been high. In this way, when the user reaches your fan page, it will be the first thing they will see in the “About” section or in the “Videos” section.
Instead of using it to describe or introduce your business, you can:
- Promote events.
- Upload a webinar with topics related to the sector of your company.
- Mention discounts or promotions.
- Announce the winner of a contest.
- Give important news or suggestions.
- Spread a message from the CEO.
10. Create a playlist on Facebook
The videos that are uploaded to Facebook are generally not in order with respect to the information. Make it easy for your users to search by creating playlists; These allow you to manage them by categories, as in the Social Media Examiner Fan Page.
11. Promote your video (Good luck)
Create a Facebook ad to extend the reach of your video. Doing so is ideal for boosting a launch, webinar, or even a new campaign.
If you define your audience well, traffic will surely increase and the conversion of calls to action. Therefore, although it depends on the investment, it is advisable to start testing with smaller budgets and, little by a little bit increase in investment and traffic.